- Getting the latest release of Footy Tipping Software.
- Split Rounds or Rounds that start on Thursday.
- My reports aren't printing.
- I'd like to deduct League Ladder points from a team.
- I'd like to alter the team names.
- I'd like to alter the venues.
- I don't want to award the Weekly Prize this week.
- Registering the program.
- I'd like to pay by Direct Deposit.
- Subscribing to the results and other newsletters.
- Forgetting to input a person's tips.
- Altering tips in a past round.
- Tipping a Draw.
- Sending tips via email.
- End of Season prizes & the handling of Ties.
- Running a Finals competition.
- A tipper has forgetten their password.
- The Organiser has forgetten their password.
- Tipping the whole season 'up front'.
- Error during install: System DLLs corrupt or missing
- Missing or corrupt AUTOEXEC.NT when trying to run the program.
- Error 611:3051 Couldn't open file C:\FTS201x\tipping.mdb
- Seeing a different league ladder than is published.
- Reducing network traffic.
- Help! I've lost all my data and need to start again.
- Questions regarding the web edition.
- If your question isn't answered here.
A: To find out what version of the software you are running log into the software as the organiser. Across the top of the screen you will see the words File, Tipper, Organiser and Help. Click on Help, then choose About. The about screen shows you which version you are running.
You can check if you have the latest version of Footy Tipping Software and download an upgrade if required on the updates page.
A: Sometimes a round is split over two weekends or a mid-week game and a weekend (eg when the Round starts on a Thursday or Anzac Day in some years). You can allow your tippers to change their tips for the second part of the split round by following these instructions.
A: We haven't altered the way the 'Classic' version prints between this year and last year. A number of people have reported this issue, and the problem lies with your printer driver (which must be new or updated) if you used the same printer last year and printed succesfully. This is something over which we have no control, as our program simply gives an instruction to Windows to print the report using the default printer... and there seems simply to be some incompatibility between some of the newest printer drivers and our old program.
There are a number of options/workarounds available to you:
- Print to a different printer (if available).
- Tell your computer that you have a different printer, but 'create' the new one pointing to your existing printer and then install a 'plain' printer driver to that version of your printer (we can help over the phone if required).
- Rather than printing the reports, save them 'To file....' as .html (using the button on the 'Reports' screen) and then find the saved file, double-click on it to open it in your browser and print it from there.
- Use the 'new' version of our program rather than the 'Classic' version (details at http://www.footy.com.au/fts/download.htm ) as the print problem doesn't occur with the 'new' edition.
A: Log into the software as Organiser and go to the 'Options' screen. On the left-hand side, select 'Database'. On the Database screen select the 'League Ladder' button. Enter the number of points to be deducted against the appropiate team and then click OK. The points will be deducted the next time results are entered or re-calculated on the 'Results' screen.
A: In the main Organiser program please go to the Options screen, then select the 'Database' section on the left hand side. Click on the 'Team Names...' button and make the required changes.
A: In the main Organiser program please go to the Options screen, then select the 'Database' section on the left hand side. Click on the 'Venues...' button and make the required changes.
A: In the main Organiser program please go to the Options
screen, then select the 'General' section on the left hand side.
In the 'Miscellaneous' section in the middle of the screen click on the option to 'Ask if game played when entering results'.
Then when you go to the Results screen you will be able to un-select the option on the right hand side that says 'Award prize this round'. The prize will therefore automatically be jackpotted to the following round.
A: You can't register via this website. To register your copy of the software you will need to fill in the registration form within the program - Click on the menu item Organiser then Register then the Order/Pay button. This will display a screen where you can input your name & address details and payment details (if required). Once completed you can either email the information to us, or you can print it out and post or fax it to us - our address and fax number is on the printed form.
We try to process registrations within 1 working day of receipt. We will send you your registration number via email, or if you haven't supplied an email address, via post.
A: Yes, but with the possibility of more than one deposit being credited to our bank account on a day we ask you to do the following so that we can successfully track your payment and issue your Registration code as soon as possible.
Please print out the Registration information from within the program - Click on the menu item Organiser then Register then the Order/Pay button. This will display a screen where you can input your name & address details. Please also select the payment option of 'Already Paid' and then print the form. After printing you should write on it "I wish to pay by Direct deposit" and then fax it to us - our fax number is on the printed form. We will email you with our bank account details and a reference number that you must use when making the deposit so we can track your payment. After your payment is received we will process the registration form that you have faxed and email you your registration code.
A: You can get the results emailed to you by heading to our newsletters page. On this page you will be able to subscribe to any of four lists including the results for the AFL and NRL. We recommend that you go and have a look as all the lists are useful.
Alternatively, you can also download the results each week from our results page.
A: To enter their tips for a past round, double click on their name in the Competitors list in the same way as you would to enter their tips for this week. You then click on the down arrow next to the round number which will take you back one round and enter that competitor's tips. These tips will not get processed until you either enter the coming weeks results or reprocess the previous weeks results by clicking on the 'Recalculate' button on the Results screen.
A: To alter tips for a past round, double click on the tipper's name in the Competitors list in the same way as you would to enter their tips for this week. You then click on the down arrow next to the round number to get back to the required round and enter/alter that competitor's tips. These alterations will not get processed until you either enter the coming weeks results or reprocess the previous weeks results by clicking on the 'Recalculate' button on the Results screen.
A: To tip a draw in a game click on the 'v' between the 2 teams. You can only tip a draw if this feature has been enabled in the Scoring section of the Options screen.
A: By far the easiest way to receive tips via email is by using our FREE email add-on. This will make receiving and entering tips that have been emailed to you a great deal easier.
A: There isn't a specific report, but the Competition Ladder for the final round should show the amounts of your End of Season prizes at the bottom and it will obviously list your winners up the top.
If there is a tie for one of the prizes then you have two choices (which you really should have thought about at the start of the season) - either using a tie-breaker or sharing the prize(s).
- Use a tie-breaker - Using 'countback'* as a tie-breaker - you should ensure that on the Ranking page of your Options screen you have selected 'Count'. If you select this option at the end of the season you may need to re-calculate the last round's results.
- Sharing the prize(s) - the usual way in which tied prizes
are distributed should be used. This method is to add up the value
of all the tied prizes and divide them by the number of people
example, if 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th & 5th prizes are awarded and two people tie for second place then add together the 2nd & 3rd prize and share the sum between the two. The person who came next is awarded 4th prize.
* Count-back is defined as 'If tippers are on equal score, the tipper with more higher scoring rounds will be ranked higher'.
This can be further explained with the use of an example. Let's say that there are 3 tippers on an equal score of 125 points in a competition where there are 8 games per round. The program looks at how many 8 out of 8's the tippers scored. If two of them scored 2 eights and one of them only scored 1 eight, then this tipper would be ranked 3rd. The program then looks at the 2 remaining tippers to see how many 7 out of 8's they scored. If one scored more sevens than the other then they would be ranked 1st, and the other ranked 2nd. If they scored the same number of sevens then the program would look at how many sixes each scored and so on, until a unique winner is discovered. If tippers have identical count-back then the program will rank them equally.
A: You can either run a seperate competition on the finals, or continue your regular competition through the finals. For more detail see our Finals competition instructions.
A: The organiser can change any tipper's password. First, log into the software and go to the Competitors Screen. From there, double click on the person who has forgotten their password. Once the tips screen appears you will notice the padlock on the button bar will have become available. Click on that button and enter a new password for that person. You will then need to let them know what you have changed their password to.
A: If you need the answer to this one please give us a call on 03 9533 0444 or contact us.
A: Some competitions tip the whole season before the first game. Tips are normally handed in on a tipping card or sheet. The program can happily deal with this situation, though when it comes to entering tips for the whole season up front, there is a slow way and a quick way.
The slow way is to use your mouse!
The quick way is as follows:
1. Ensure that the games on your tipping sheet are in the same order as the fixture in the software - You can print the fixture from the reports screen. If they are different then use the option from the 'General' tab of the 'Options' screen to alter the 'Order of Fixture...' within the program to match your tipping sheets.
2. Grab a tipping sheet - From the list of competitors locate your tipper and double-click on their name - you can sort the list alphabetically by clicking on the 'Name' column heading. Alternatively you can quickly find a tipper by using the 'Filter' button (or press ALT + F) then type in the first letter of the surname (and firstname) and hit 'Enter' - this will limit the list of tippers to those who match your 'filter'. If their is only one match it will take you straight into the Tip Entry screen.
3. To enter tips quickly we recommend using the keyboard. if the
home team has been selected in the first game press the number '1'
or for the away team press the number '2'. Then press '1' or '2'
for the selection in the second game etc etc.
Putting in tips for a round becomes a matter of hitting (eg) 12112112. If the games on the screen are in the same order as your tipping sheet you don't even have to look at the screen....
4. When tips for the first round have been entered, do NOT click on OK or press 'Enter', but instead click on the 'Up' arrow next to the round number at the top of the tip entry screen. This will take you to the next round.
5. Repeat steps 3 & 4 until you have entered tips for the whole season for one tipper, then click on the OK button when tips for the final round have been input.
6. Go to step 2.
A: This message is caused because your anti-virus/anti-spyware program is blocking the install program. Users have specfically reported this problem with Trend Micro PC-cillan Internet Security Suite.
In order for the install to succeed you need to allow it to run. You can do this either by clicking on the 'Always Ignore' button on the pop up that may appear at the time as the error. Alternatively you need to go into the PC-cillan 'Main Console', select 'Virus & Spyware Controls', select 'Protection Against Spyware' and click on the green tick that say 'On and select 'Off'. Then re-run our installation file. After you have installed our program you may wish to turn 'Protection against Spyware' back on.
A: On starting the program you get the following (or similar) error message:
16 bit Windows Subsystem - C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT The Sytem file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose 'Close' to terminate the application.
This problem is caused by the fact that you no longer have the file called 'autoexec.NT' in your C:\Winnt\System32 or C:\Windows\system32 folder (depending on your version of Windows).
This file is required for running 16-bit programs (which our software is), but is sometimes removed by virus or anti-adware removal programs if something has infected it (and sometimes for no good reason at all). Rather than clean the file they seem to just to delete it.
There are two ways to fix the problem:
- Check to see if there is a copy of the file in c:\windows\repair. If there is, copy it into your c:\windows\system32 folder.
- If it can't be found there, then we suggest you download the file provided below and save it into your c:\windows\system32\ or c:\winnt\system32 folder and then try running the program.
Right click the link above and save this file to one of the folders mentioned above. If you have problems saving this file (e.g. you get an access denied or something similar), please contact your systems administrator.
For further information on this error (especially on Windows XP) you may wish to read the article at this address.
A: This usually occurs when the IT Dept installs the program and it all seems to work fine. But the next time you try and start the program you get the above error.
This is caused by a permissions problem. Your user profile does not have the required permissions to some of the files in the footy folder. You will need to ask some-one with admin permissions to allow your profile full-control on the files in the footy folder.
A: Any number of things can have happened here to cause the ladder to appear in a different order to the media. First thing for you to do is get a second opinion, as the paper you are looking at may be incorrect (this has happened many times in the past).
If that is not the problem you should go back through the results you have entered for the year. Check the games involving the teams that appear 'out of place' on the ladder, as this normally happens in pairs.
A: Yes, there is a file called client.exe that achieves this. For more information and to download click here. If you had a disk sent out to you client.exe will be on it. Once you have this file you should copy it into the footy folder. Alternatively, if you have a web server, you might want to consider using the web edition to run the competition on your intranet.
A: Don't panic! There is a simple way to get your competition up and running without knowing all your tippers tips. As long as you have a copy of the Competitor Ladder for the last round (with all the scores for preceding rounds), just follow the instructions on our catch-up page.
A: Find our contact details here.